xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] xpointer

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Greg Saunders" <saundersgreg AT hotmail.com>
  • To: elharo AT metalab.unc.edu
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] xpointer
  • Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 05:49:11 -0500

Is there some way to use XPath with XInclude other than the "xpointer()" scheme? Or how could we use XPath instead of XPointer?

The answer to the first question is yes. The answer to the second question depends on the context.

Could you please provide an example of how to use XPath in XInclude that XOM can accommodate? The idea I have is simply to include only a part of an XML document, specified by element and/or attribute name (and/or attribute value) rather than by position, as in the element() scheme.

I'm imagining something like:

<xi:include
href="http://my.example.org/translation-en.xml";
xpointer="/translation/h[include='true']"
/>