xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Beta 6

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Al Hopper <al AT logical-approach.com>
  • To: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Beta 6
  • Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 14:58:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Elliotte Harold wrote:

> Al Hopper wrote:
>
> > Bug report (I think):
> >
> > Running nu.xom.samples.CanonicalizerDriver on a well formed xml document
> > gives:
> >
> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> > nu.xom.canonical.Canonicalizer$CanonicalXMLSerializer.writeChild(Lnu/xom/Node;)V
> > at
> > nu.xom.canonical.Canonicalizer$CanonicalXMLSerializer.write(Unknown
> > Source)
> > at nu.xom.canonical.Canonicalizer.write(Unknown Source)
> > at SequenceNumbers.main(SequenceNumbers.java:67)
> >
> > Or am I missing something?
> >

> I don't know what that could be. I just tested
> nu.xom.samples.CanonicalizerDriver and it works. Could you possibly have
> some sort of CLASSPATH issues? e.g. could you have an older version of
> the samples JAR archive interacting with the newer core JAR?
>
> Also, what is SequenceNumbers? That doesn't look like one of XOM's
> classes. Do you get the same result if you actually use
> CanonicalizerDriver?

Yep - same result from CanonicalizerDriver but problem solved:

Duuhhh. I found the problem - an old copy of xom.jar in
/usr/j2se/jre/lib/endorsed. I thought I had replaced it - but I mv-ed the
wrong file and left the old one in place.

Sorry for wasting your time Elliotte; and many thanks for XOM.

Regards from an embarrassed:

Al Hopper Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX. al AT logical-approach.com
Voice: 972.379.2133 Fax: 972.379.2134
We can stop programming when computers understand:
Time flies like an an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.