xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Is it possible to use a custom DocumentBuilder ?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Francois Beausoleil" <fbos AT users.sourceforge.net>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Is it possible to use a custom DocumentBuilder ?
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:08:48 -0400

Hi !

XMLUnit has a nice DocumentBuilder implementation that makes any HTML
stream a well-formed document. My problem is that I want to use XOM's
API, because it's easier. But I need to parse any HTML, not just XHTML.

What I would like to do is this:

import org.custommonkey.xmlunit.TolerantSaxDocumentBuilder;

TolerantSaxDocumentBuilder tolerantBuilder new
TolerantSaxDocumentBuilder(...) ;
Builder builder = new Builder(tolerantBuilder);
builder.parse(new URL("..."));

Is there any way I can do that ? Or something similar ?

Thanks !
François
Developer of Java Gui Builder
http://jgb.sourceforge.net/

  • [XOM-interest] Is it possible to use a custom DocumentBuilder ?, Francois Beausoleil, 07/31/2004