xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Alpha 5: Final alpha?

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Alpha 5: Final alpha?
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 20:03:52 -0400

Folks,

I'm uploading XOM 1.0a5 as I type. You'll find it at the usual location:

http://cafeconleche.org/XOM/

With a little luck this will be the last alpha release, and the next release will be beta 1. Changes and fixes in this release include:

*

The |ParsingException| and |ValidityException| classes now have a
|getURI()| method that returns the URI of the document whose error
caused the exception.

*

Test suite now runs OASIS Microsoft and Xalan XSLT tests

*

Improved compatibility with Java 1.2

*

Improved compatibility with recent releases of Xalan, including
those bundled with JDK 1.4.2_03 and later, though some work
remains to be done here

* Fix for a nasty bug when parsing and reserializing internal DTD
subsets that contain #FIXED ATTLIST declarations

This is all backwards compatible with all releases since 1.0d25 inclusive. No client code should need to be changed to work with the new release. Please give this a whirl, and let me know if they're any obvious errors.

You may also wish to check out the first draft of the XOM infoset mapping at:

http://cafeconleche.org/XOM/infoset.xhtml

(Standards compliant web browser required). I believe XOM is now officially infoset-conformant.

I will be in Montreal for Extreme Markup next week, where I'll be talking about XOM Design Principles. I'm told the Hotel has wirelesss Internet access. Nonetheless I may not be able to respond as quickly as I normally do to any issues that arise since my laptop isn't really configured for serious development; and since I plan to spend some time sight seeing, practicing my French, et regardant les oiseaux. :-)

  • [XOM-interest] Alpha 5: Final alpha?, Elliotte Harold, 07/30/2004