xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0 alpha 4

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0 alpha 4
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 19:37:59 -0400

Hello folks,

I had a few minutes to spare while some large files downloaded for another project and I seem to have come to a temporary stopping place in XOM development so I decided to take what I have and call it alpha 4. Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you. Of note is that this release has been compiled and built with Java 1.5-beta 2. The code should still be compatible with 1.2 and later VMs, but yell if it causes you any problems and I'll recompile with 1.4.

As usual you can download it from here:

http://cafeconleche.org/XOM/

There are no backwards incompatible changes to the published API in this release.
Changes since the previous release include:

Nodes.remove(int)</code> now returns the node removed.

The IBM virtual machine 1.4.1 is no longer special cased.

The API documentation has undergone extensive editing.

The unpublished nu.xom.xerces package has been removed.

If no one spots any major problems with this release, I'll probably announce it more broadly early next week. Happy XML!