xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Serializing objects that contain an instance of nu.xom.Document, part II

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Nils_Kilden-Pedersen AT Countrywide.Com
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Serializing objects that contain an instance of nu.xom.Document, part II
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:58:46 -0800

Serializable is mostly used in distributed computing, and since you're
using JMS, that's what you're doing too.
In any kind of distributed environment, you should want to limit you
dependencies and increase your interoperability. Forcing the receiver to
use XOM is, IMHO, bad distributed design, considering the nature of XML.
Is parsing it twice really a performance issue? More than the network
latency itself? Do yourself a favor and lose the XOM dependency.

Nils