xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Serializing objects that contain an instance of nu.xom.Document, part II

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Brian Sam-Bodden" <bsbodden AT integrallis.com>
  • To: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Serializing objects that contain an instance of nu.xom.Document, part II
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 11:41:24 -0800 (PST)

XOM users,
Okay, read the "java rules" section of the "what's
wrong" presentation. So, no XOM classes are
serializable. My problem is one of avoiding parsing a
document more than once. When I was using DOM (yuck!) I
could do many things with my DOM objects such as hang
them on a JNDI tree and retrieve them later, pass them
in JMS messages as Object Messages and other niceties
that come with being serializable. I'll find a way
around this but I would still like to understand the
reasons for not implementing serializable?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Sam-Bodden
President & Chief Software Architect