xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] test targets should include junit in classpath

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Francois Beausoleil" <fbos AT users.sourceforge.net>
  • To: "Elliotte Rusty Harold" <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>, "Wolfgang Hoschek" <whoschek AT lbl.gov>
  • Cc: xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] test targets should include junit in classpath
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:02:48 -0500

What I do on the JGB project (and other ones I have) is to distribute
junit.jar, and let the user worry about Ant and optional.jar. Then, I
provide an install.junit target which copies junit.jar from my project's
lib/ folder to $ANT_HOME/lib.

I don't know if it's common for projects to do it this way. I certainly
haven't heard complaints from anyone.

Search for name="junit.install" on
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/jgb/jgb/build.xml?rev=1.116&view=text

Hope that helps,