xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XInclude

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Hallvard Trætteberg <hal AT idi.ntnu.no>, <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XInclude
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:22:38 -0400

At 9:13 PM +0200 9/29/03, Hallvard Trætteberg wrote:
Elliotte,

In the latest version of XOM you have made the copy method protected, so
a class may control the class of its copies. Together with the
NodeFactory this gives full control over instantiation of nodes. Almost,
as I think the XIncluder class does not support a custom NodeFactory. In
the XIncluder code, a Builder is created, but there is no way to pass in
a NodeFactory. I believe it makes sense to add a NodeFactory argument to
the resolve family of static methods in XIncluder, what do you think?

In principle, I agree. That does make sense at first glance. I just hadn't thought of it yet. I'll have to explore the code to see what this might entail. Should be doable. One thing that does worry me is that the implicit contract of node factory is that it will only be used for one document at a time. I'm not sure what will happen if it's being used for one included document before it's finished processing the including document.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA

  • [XOM-interest] XInclude, Hallvard Trætteberg, 09/29/2003
    • Re: [XOM-interest] XInclude, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 09/29/2003