xom-interest - [XOM-interest] Cyclic checking

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Dick Hollenbeck <dick AT machj.com>
  • To: XOM Maillist <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] Cyclic checking
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:53:04 -0500

Please be careful of the cycle dependency checking code's overhead and how it might impact the speed of document building. This checking is probably best done by using Assert()s so that it can be compiled in and out easily, as needed.

Speed is more important for most of us. We'll find our bugs eventually.

Rusty, have you done a before and after benchmark? This feature is not worth a speed hit to me.

Thanks for any consideration.