xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM deployment licensing issues

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: "Kevin S. Clarke" <ksclarke AT stanford.edu>
  • To: XOM-Interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM deployment licensing issues
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:16:31 -0000

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 12:03, Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:
> At 2:53 PM -0400 6/3/03, Rogers Cadenhead wrote:
> >I think my licensing section (reproduced below) complies with XOM's
> >GNU Lesser Public License and Xerces' Apache Software License.
>
> I've heard people claim that the Apache and GPL license are
> incompatible because of warranty and naming issues, but IANALL (I am
> not a license lawyer.)

That's what the GNU project claims...

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses

Whether you want to take their opinion about what the GPL means is up to
you of course...

Kevin (also not a lawyer)

--
Kevin S. Clarke <ksclarke AT stanford.edu>
Lane Medical Library, Stanford University