xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] BaseRelativeResolver: uninitialized field 'base'

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Janek Bogucki <janekdb AT yahoo.co.uk>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] BaseRelativeResolver: uninitialized field 'base'
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 21:12:46 -0400

At 1:41 AM +0100 5/31/03, Janek Bogucki wrote:
--- Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu> wrote: >
Hmm, that's weird. It does look broken, but everything still seems to
work. I wonder if I can get rid of that class now? Possibly, it was
needed before I let documents know their base URIs. Have you actually
got some code that doesn't work as a result of this bug?
--

I don't have any code demonstrating this bug. Builder does make use of BaseRelativeResolver in
seven places however.

I'm not convinced it needs to though. I remember why I added BaseRelativeResolver in the first place, but when I wrote a unit test to demonstrate the breakage, the test passed. Possibly this just worked around a bug in an earlier version of Xerces, and is no longer necessary. Or possibly some of the changes to base URIs for the document itself have replaced its functionality. I'm not sure. If I can take it out, that's one less class to deal with.

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA