xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] BaseRelativeResolver: uninitialized field 'base'

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Janek Bogucki <janekdb AT yahoo.co.uk>, xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] BaseRelativeResolver: uninitialized field 'base'
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 20:23:12 -0400

At 12:04 AM +0100 5/31/03, Janek Bogucki wrote:
Hi,

BaseRelativeResolver has a bug in the form of an uninitialized field 'base':

class BaseRelativeResolver implements EntityResolver {

private URL base;

public BaseRelativeResolver(String base) {

if (base == null) return;
try {
URL u = new URL(base);
}
catch (MalformedURLException ex) {
// can't do anything; just use defaults for all resolutions
}
}

Hmm, that's weird. It does look broken, but everything still seems to work. I wonder if I can get rid of that class now? Possibly, it was needed before I let documents know their base URIs. Have you actually got some code that doesn't work as a result of this bug?

Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA