xom-interest - [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d15 XInclude

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d15 XInclude
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 17:20:00 -0400

I'm uploading XOM 1.0d15 to the usual site (http://www.cafeconleche.org/XOM/) in the background as I type this. The primary focus of this release is XInclude. I believe that, modulo undiscovered bugs, this is now a fully conformant implementation of the XInclude Candidate Recommendation including support for fallbacks, the XPointer element() scheme, and preservation of base URI information using xml:base attributes. There are 24 unit tests for XInclude added in this release as well to try to keep the undiscovered bugs to a minimum.

There were a couple of other minor improvements in this release as well. The Element.getChildElements(String name, String namespaceURI method) now allows a null or empty string local name to stand for any local name, so you can use this method to get all elements in a certain namespace.

Serializer no longer wraps and indents text when xml:space="preserve",
regardless of the setting of indents and maxlength.

This release should be completely compatible with code
written against 1.0d14. You should not even need to recompile
existing programs. Let me know how it works for you.

  • [XOM-interest] XOM 1.0d15 XInclude, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 05/26/2003