xom-interest - [XOM-interest] 1.0d12 has been posted

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: xom-interest <xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [XOM-interest] 1.0d12 has been posted
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 09:40:54 -0400

I've posted version 1.0d12 in the usual location:

http://cafeconleche.org/XOM/

The immediate impetus for this release was to fix a bug I discovered yeterday when removing namespace URIs from elements (e.g. element.setnamespaceURI("")). However, the major change is that I've removed the insertAfter and insertBefore methods from ParentNode because:

1. They're redundant with other methods
2. They don't really fit into XOM's indexed based access style
3. Experience has shown they're not commonly used
4. I'd rather hit 1.0 with too few methods than too many.
It's easier to add a method in the future than to take it away.

If anyone howls too loudly I'll put them back in. if noone howls, I'll assume my judgement in taking them out was correct. :-)

--
Elliotte

  • [XOM-interest] 1.0d12 has been posted, Elliotte Rusty Harold, 04/18/2003