xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] Getting the prefix of a namespace knowing the URI

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>
  • Cc: XOM-interest <XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] Getting the prefix of a namespace knowing the URI
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 12:26:10 -0500

At 5:45 PM +0100 2/7/03, Laurent Bihanic wrote:

Yet, it just requires more code to walk up and down the document to find this node.

What node are you adding it to? is that in the namespace you want to use already? How about the root element? Most of the time it shouldn't be too hard to find an element that's in the namespace you want to use.

The code to do this walking has to go somewhere, either in XOM or in your program. Since this is a very unusual thing to ask, I'd much rather the code went in your application than in XOM itself. The information will all be there, so you can get to it if you really need it. It's just going to take a little more effort to extract it.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |