xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XPath support for XOM

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: Elliotte Rusty Harold <elharo AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: Laurent Bihanic <laurent.bihanic AT atosorigin.com>, XOM-interest <XOM-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XPath support for XOM
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:16:19 -0500

At 4:15 PM +0100 1/30/03, Laurent Bihanic wrote:

Thanks for the submission! I'll check it out.

I put these classes in a package nu.xom.xpath.jaxen thinking XOM should wrap them into an engine-independent XPath class, the way JDOM does. Opinions?

My current thinking is that there'll be some sort of search() method in the Node class that uses that mode as the context mode, rather than a separate package or class. This is very tentative though.

| Elliotte Rusty Harold | elharo AT metalab.unc.edu | Writer/Programmer |
| Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002) |
| http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA |
| Read Cafe au Lait for Java News: http://www.cafeaulait.org/ |
| Read Cafe con Leche for XML News: http://www.cafeconleche.org/ |