xom-interest - Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and the infoset

xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: XOM API for Processing XML with Java

  • From: John Cowan <jcowan AT reutershealth.com>
  • To: mike AT wyeast.net (Michael Fitzgerald)
  • Cc: jcowan AT reutershealth.com (John Cowan), xom-interest AT lists.ibiblio.org (XOM)
  • Subject: Re: [XOM-interest] XOM and the infoset
  • Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:07:52 -0400 (EDT)

Michael Fitzgerald scripsit:

> I doubt you are missing something. On element content whitespace, I guess I
> was thinking about some easy non-XOM logic to do this, but that doesn't fit
> my definition of /straightforward/, does it? So it's 31 of 54.

It can't be done at all, unless you capture the SAX events and watch for
calls to ignoreableWhitespace instead of characters. And then figuring out
how to integrate with what Builder does would amount to rolling your own
Builder.

--
John Cowan http://www.ccil.org/~cowan jcowan AT reutershealth.com
To say that Bilbo's breath was taken away is no description at all. There are