wikiworld - Re: [Wiki World] communication sandbox

wikiworld AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: WikiWorld

  • From: "Milos Rancic" <millosh AT gmail.com>
  • To: WikiWorld <wikiworld AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Wiki World] communication sandbox
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 16:10:54 +0200

On 8/31/07, Marc Riddell <michaeldavid86 AT comcast.net> wrote:
> I did not mean to focus on Wikipedia in my message; just to say that it has
> been my only experience in this medium. I would like to see the core of my
> idea be applied to all internet communities that involve interpersonal
> communication among its members.

It is possible to start the project almost immediately on the places
which are not related to Wikimedia.

- You need a wiki. I may setup wiki for you in the place like
www.ibiblio.org/wikiworld/wikitherapy/ is. There are some not so
immediately options: You may ask ibiblio (or even Wikia; btw, Angela
is a psychologist, too and she may be interested in such project) for
a new hosting. Optionally, you may take some domain for you (for
example, internet-therapy.org is free, domain is something like
$10/year and you may do it with godaddy.com relatively simple).

- You need a mailing list. You may get one immediately on
groups.google.com (I may open one for you). If you want to wait for a
while (and you don't want to host your list on Google), you may take a
list from ibiblio or from other places which offer free mailing lists.

However, I still think that the best place to develop this is English
Wikipedia. AFAIK, en.wiki is the biggest collaborative place on the
Internet and it is a very good place for starting and developing such
project.