wheatsville - [Wheatsville] June is bursting out all over!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] June is bursting out all over!
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 11:50:45 -0400

Hi folks!

We just had our quarterly inventory and our toes are tired from all the counting! ('cuz we need our fingers AND our toes when we count inventory!)

Hope you had a great May and are looking forward to June.

In produce!
Texas Watermelons!
Peaches local HIll Country and Organic, too.
Berries!

Co-op Advantage specials for June! New month, new deals!!!

All available on-line at http://wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW0507_final.pdf or in the store at the member center.

Refrigerated
Vegenaise 16 oz for $2.69
Yogurt, Yogurt, Yogurt!
Wholesoy Soy Yogurt for 85¢
Brown Cow Yogurt quarts selected varieties for $2.49
Cascade Fresh Lowfat Yogurt 6oz for 59¢
Redwood HIll Farm Goat Yogurt for $1.59

FYI, the Organic Valley Milk featured on the cover of the flyer is not available at Wheatsville. We carry a different Organic Valley Milk (from Texas!)that isn't included in the deal... sorry 'bout that!

Grocery
Nature's Path Organic Cereal selected varieties for $2.99
Rudi's Organic Bread selected varieties for $2.69!
Rice Dream Enriched 32 0z. for $1.69
Lakewood Organic Lemonade for $1.99
Annie's Naturals Dressing for $2.19
Boulder Canyon Potato Chips for $1.29
Reed's Ginger Brew 4 pack for $3.29
Muir Glen Organic Tomatoes 14.5 oz for $1.29
Pacific Almond Milk for $1.99
Golden Temple Peace Cereal for $3.29
Nature's Path Organic Granola Bars for $2.99
RW Knudsen Simply Nutritious Juice 2 for $5!
Annie's Homegrown Bunny Snacks for $1.99
Garden of Eatin' Chips selected varieties for $1.99
Honest Tea Ready to drink tea for 99¢. (I like the Assam Black!)
Living Harvest Hemp Milk for $2.69
Natural Sea Chunk Light Tuna for $1.19
Kettle Krinkle Cut Potato Chips 16oz selected varieties for $3.69

Frozen
Amy's Whole Meal Dinners for $3.49
Cascadian Frozen Veggies 16 0z. selected varieties for $1.99
Pie Oh My! (Little individual pies!) for $1.69

Lots of other stuff on sale, too!

Check out the Co-op Advantage Flyer for a nice recipe for Italian Asparagus and Grilled Marinated Portabella Mushroom Burgers as well as a great article on Eating Right and Light for the Summer!

Fresh in the Deli!
Our Wheatsville Salsa of the Month is Roasted Tomato Salsa

We're featuring recipes from the Skagit Valley Food Co-op, Mount Vernon, Washington.
We'll have these 2 recipes through the 15th of June in the deli!

Thai Beef Salad
Seared and roasted B3R natural beef is cut into thin strips, mixed with fresh chopped tomatoes, green onions, cilantro and cucumbers, then dressed in a sesame, rice wine vinaigrette spiked with ginger and garlic.

Basil Parmesan Pasta
Simple and summery, bow tie pasta, shredded parmesan cheese, red onions and spinach are tossed with lots of fresh basil, garlic and olive oil. A refreshing side dish, perfect with grilled meats or seafood.

The world of Cheese with your host, Tiffin Funaro, our cheese buyer!

This week I am featuring Manchego cheese...Don Quixote's favorite according to Cervantes, and the most famous of all the cheeses from the Iberian Peninsula, Manchego is from La Mancha in central Spain. It is made of Sheep's milk specifically from the  Manchega region and is aged in natural caves for up to three months.This traditional embossed pattern comes from the time when the cheese was wrapped in sheets of woven esparto grass. Unlike Brie, Manchego is firm and dry so it travels well, and it's mellow, nutty flavor goes well with nuts and pears, perfect for picnic snacking. Also, keep an eye out each week for a new featured cheese with a wine/beer pairing suggestion and recipe.

Summer Co-op Camp!
Are you interested in attending Co-op Camp Sierra but without the wheels to get there? A long-time Wheastsville member is attending Week 1 (June 30 - July 7) and has room in his car for 2 more. Contact Greg Emil (ausgee {at} yahoo {dot} com) for more info.

Hope to see you soon!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!
www.wheatsville.coop
http://myspace.com/wheastsvillecoop

  • [Wheatsville] June is bursting out all over!, Dan Gillotte, 06/01/2007