wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, New Tees and more!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, New Tees and more!
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 12:24:41 -0500

Hello Wheatsville!

In this e-mail:
Happy Birthday to Us!
Member Appreciation Day!
Wheatsville T-shirts!
Co-op Advantage Specials!
Fish on Fridays!
Egg Balancing!

Happy Birthday!
Our co-op turned 31 years old last Friday! Yay us! Thanks to the founders of Wheatsville for starting this great institution and thanks to everyone else who has helped to get us where we are today! Lastly, cheer for yourselves! Wheatsville would not survive and thrive without you, our member-owners!

Member Appreciation Day
One last reminder that Member Appreciation Day is this SATURDAY!!! 10% discounts all day long for all members! Samples from 10-4! (From 10-12, our friends from Pepper Creek Farms will be here sampling their salsa, glazes and jalapeno relish. From 2-4, the Mediterranean Chef will be here sampling their yummy phyllo wraps! In between, we'll have other tasty treats!)

Tell your friends and come on out!

Wheatsville T-shirts in full effect!
Wheatsville T-shirts are back in stock with the original round logo you know and love.

There are sizes Youth Small – 3XL in a variety of spring fresh colors, as well as two new styles:

Green Tie-Dye Swirl and Organic Cotton (these two styles are only available in Adult Small-Adult XL).

Pick your new shirt up today for $9.99 ($14.99 for tie-dye or organic cotton) or better yet, get one on Saturday when members can get them for 10% off!

Co-op Advantage deals for March are happening! Download the pdf of the flyer http://tinyurl.com/3btsbz or pick one up at the Member Center!

Here are just a few of the many items on sale!
Rudi's Organic Bread, selected varieties for $2.89
Late July Organic Crackers for $1.99
Annie's Homegrown Pasta and Cheese for $1.29
Annie's Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies for $1.99
Newman's Own Organic Champion Chip Cookies 2 for $5
Amy's Organic Soup for $1.99
Annie's Naturals Dressings for $2.29 (time for salad!)

Frozen
Cascadian Farms Organic Fruit for $2.99 (smoothie, anyone?)
Lifestream Waffles for $2.89
So Delicious Organic Non-Dairy Dessert quarts for $3.99

Refrigerated
Stonyfield Farm Organic Lowfat Yogurt for 85¢
Silk Soy Yogurt for 69¢
Nancy's Organic Yogurt for $2.69

(Not a Co-op Advantage Deal, but worth noting... Goodflow Blood Orange Juice! This stuff is incredible and has a short time of availability! Don't miss it!)

Fish on Fridays!
We have committed to providing cooked fish in our deli each week for Fridays (we'll have it other times, too, but definitely on Friday...) and fresh fish to cook at home in the meat department. Look for it if seafood is your thing!

Now, for the important stuff:

Egg Balancing....
There is a common understanding that only on the day of the Vernal (spring) Equinox, can you stand a raw egg on its end.
The funny guy at Bad Astronomy begs to differ and says: "If you can stand a raw egg on end, it has nothing to do with the Equinox."

He elaborates in (MUCH) more detail here: http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/egg_spin.html

Another web-site suggests that you still might want to try and do it anyway, and I can get behind that. But, if you miss doing it today, you have just as much chance of doing it tomorrow or any other day!

Have a great week! Hope to see you this Saturday!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, New Tees and more!, Dan Gillotte, 03/21/2007