wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, Yellow Bike Moving Party and Super Bowl!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, Yellow Bike Moving Party and Super Bowl!
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:09:10 -0600

Hi folks!

Member Appreciation Day was HUGE!!! We had our biggest sales day ever in Wheatsville's history on Saturday! Thanks to all who came out to make it such a big day. Thanks also to my staff who handled the huge volume with aplomb! The next one will be in March, our Birthday month!

Superbowl Salsa Smash at the Guacamole Bowl II: This time it's Habanero.

We had a lot of fun last year with special offers for the Super Bowl, so we're going to do it again! (The Super Bowl is Sunday Feb. 4th.)
Get your Super Bowl Party supplies at the Co-op!!!!

Wheatsville Deli is offering several delicious specials for the game.

-our famous Popcorn Tofu Buckets
-Buddy’s Natural Chicken Buffalo Wing Buckets
-Wheatsville Salsas & Guacamole

Our regular Party Trays will also be available, with a two day advance order.

-Meat & Cheese trays -Middle Eastern trays -Fruit & Cheese trays
-Crudités trays

As well as our Handmade Cakes and Pies!
--Pecan Pie--Pumpkin Pie--Chocolate or Vanilla Vegan cake--Vegan Carrot Cake
Vegan Pumpkin, Coconut Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Special Orders Welcome

What is a Super Bowl Party without Local Austin Beer???
It's a prove fact that despite all the advertising, the Super Bowl goes better with local beer as opposed to the kinds with Burt Reynolds as a spokesperson.
Wheatsville will have plenty of beer from Independence Brewery right here in Austin!!!
Try the Pale Ale, Bootlegger Brown, Freestyle Wheat, or the new Austin Ale.

And now a word from our friends at the Yellow Bike Project:
YBP SATELLITE SHOP HUMAN POWERED MOVE AND GRAND OPENING -

On Saturday, January 27th at Noon, the Yellow Bike Project will be moving its Wheatsville satellite shop to its new location at Treasure City Thrift in East Austin -
http://tinyurl.com/2obbze
To get ready for the imposing task of moving our 4,500 sq ft main shop later this year, we have decided to move the 300 sq ft satellite shop - including every bike, bike part, tool, and work stand - entirely by human power,

Some of you might wonder why we would torture ourselves with a feat like this when several of us own trucks that would make the task much easier. The answer is that:

1) we love bikes: riding bikes, utilizing bikes, promoting bikes...

and

2) we plan on making a great time of it.

So meet us at Wheatsville on January 27th at noon with your bicycle, tricycle, bike trailer, panniers, backpacks, bungie cords, or anything else you think might help out.

This is Dan again... Hopefully, some of you can help them out. We've enjoyed lending a hand to the Yellow Bike Project for the past 6 years and wish them well in their next stage!

We hope to see you soon!
Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day, Yellow Bike Moving Party and Super Bowl!, Dan Gillotte, 01/26/2007