wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Third Thursday, Member Appreciation Day, and Member Gathering!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Third Thursday, Member Appreciation Day, and Member Gathering!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 13:20:38 -0500

Hi folks!

Co-op month is in full swing at this point!

Please join us at one or all of these fun and interesting events!

This Thursday is Third Thursday on Guadalupe!

Lots of fun stuff happening up and down Guadalupe. For more info http://www.ibuyaustin.com/third-thursday-Guadalupe.php

At Wheatsville, come join us from 6-10 for art, crafts, food samples and music! We have an assortment of artists and craftspeople setting up shop in our north parking lot. We'll have 2D artists, clothing designers, ceramics makers and more! We'll have delicious food and beverage samples from our deli and our friends at Mayan Mojo. From 7-10 the Ernesto Marquez Quarter (or maybe Quintet!) will be playing great music jazz music with a latin vibe. I heard them this weekend and when I heard Johnny Cash done with a latin feel, I knew that I had to invite them to play Third Thursday! So, please come and check them out!
As always, we'll have chalk out for the kids! Since InStep has moved out, we have the whole space to ourself! Come on out and fill it up!

Member Appreciation Day is this Saturday! Members receive a 10% discount off of all purchases all day long! Wow! This day is always a big one at the co-op and we look forward to seeing you. We'll have yummy samples from 12-4! Our friends from local cookie maker CHOMP will be here! If you have friends that are not Wheatsville members yet, this would be the perfect time to join. They can get a discount, even if they join ON Saturday!

Don't forget to use your Co-op Advantage Coupons! (Use them on Member Appreciation Day for an even better deal!) These expire at the end of this month...

Fall Member Gathering Saturday October 28th from 10:30-12:30
Please join us for our Fall Member Gathering right here at Wheatsville! We will be meeting in the InStep building, our future office space and meeting room! We're trying something a little different this time by having it be an early event 10:30-12:30. We'll provide coffee and bagels!!!

The architects will be joining us and we will be sharing up to date information about the expansion and renovation project including the first look at the store and office/ meeting room floor plans! We will also have a chalk outline of the new building to help you visualize what we're doing in the next several months. We'll have time for your questions and comments during this time.

Meet the board and the board candidates. This will be your chance to hear from the people who lead your co-op and the candidates who are running for the board.

We will also discuss the incredible year we had last year at the co-op and look forward to what is coming down the road!

Expect a few fun surprises and as is tradition, we'll have some pumpkins for carving or drawing on, too! People in costume, especially cute kids(!) will get extra special treats!!!

Wow! That is a lot of action. I hope you can join us for some or all of these activities!

Please remember to vote if you haven't already! Vote at http://wheatsville.coop/election/index.html for Community Action Wednesday group, Board of Directors, and the Boycott vote... (I almost typed "Botox vote"... that wouldn't make any sense! ) A lot of you have voted already, but we still need more voters, so please participate.

Here is a word from our bodycare department about some changes at Nature's Gate!

A tried and true bodycare brand, Nature's Gate, has changed the packaging and some of the formulas for their entire line of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, toothpaste and deodorant. Also, the only Nature's Gate bulk available now are: Herbal Shampoo. Herbal Conditioner, Herbal Moisturizer, and Antiseptic Soap. You are welcome to order these by the gallon or just fill up from our bulk containers. Give them a try, if you like them that's great! If you don't, feel free to let Nature's Gate know: 866-972-6879 or . http://www.natures-gate.com

JPEG image

JPEG image

DISCONTINUED NEW!!! (not to scale)

also new from Nature's Gate: Peppermint Whitening Toothpaste with Flouride, Raspberry Mint Whitening Toothpaste with Flouride, and Gentle Baby Wash.

GIF image

GIF image

Credit where credit is due!
If you haven't yet, consider getting a Wheatsville Credit Card! This credit card (with a really great design by our very own, Aldia Bluewillow) will give you a way to support your food co-op every time you use it! Basically, every time you use the Wheatsville Credit Card, Wheatsville will receive a small portion of the purchase price (at no additional cost to you). We know that credit cards are a convenient wat for folks to pay for their groceries, but the costs to process credit cards are growing each year. By offering this card, we are hoping to help offset some of the fees that we experience for credit and debit card fees. The really neat thing, is you can use the card anywhere and Wheatsville gets some benefit. So, if (for some reason) you visit another food store in Austin, you can still support the co-op with your purchase if you use your new card.

JPEG image

We are really pleased to be working with the nice folks at our local financial cooperative, the University Federal Credit Union, on this project.
If you are interested, the easiest way to apply is on-line
Here is how you do it:
go to https://webapp.myappro.com/webapp/ufcu/LoanSelection.aspx
In the box labeled "applicant" select "SIngle" or "Joint"
In the box labeled "What kind of loan..." select "Wheatsville Great Rate Visa" and hit "continue"
The rest is pretty self-explanatory!
We are happy for you to pay for your Wheatsville products with any accepted legal tender, but if you are a credit card user, getting a Wheatsville credit card could be a great solution for you and your co-op!

Have a great week and I hope to see you at some of these activities or in the bulk soap aisle!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Third Thursday, Member Appreciation Day, and Member Gathering!, Dan Gillotte, 10/18/2006