wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Fall Food, Third Thursday and Member Appreciation Day!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Fall Food, Third Thursday and Member Appreciation Day!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 13:18:04 -0500

Hi folks!

It's Co-op Month and we've got some fun stuff happening next week!

Third Thursday is next Thursday the 19th... we've got some artists and craftspeople lined up including a handmade clothing maker! We'll have some live music and food samples, too!

Member Appreciation Day in on Saturday the 21st! 10% discounts all day long and, from 12-4, lots of yummy free samples, too!
Our friends at Austin's own cookie, Chomp! will be here sampling! Here is a description from an e-mail they just sent me:
"Have you had the opportunity to try Austin’s latest craze.
If not, you are in luck this Member Appreciation Day. Why you ask, because not only can you sample these creations for FREE, but you can purchase them for at a new lower price, actually the lowest in town. (cool!- Dan)
Introducing , the first vegan cookie without refined sugar that tastes so good it shouldn't be good for you. So go ahead,eat shamelessly."

So, come and try these cookies and lots of other samples out!

 Please join us for our Fall Member Gathering on Saturday October 28th from 10:30-12:30 in the former InStep space, soon to be Wheatsville Office and Meeting rooms!
Enjoy bagels and coffee as we gather and brunch together.
Topics include;
The amazing year we had last year!
Our exciting renovation project and the progress that we have made on it.
Meet the board and the board candidates!

We'll have some fun stuff lined up as well, so take some time in the morning on the 28th to connect with your co-op! We hope to see you there!

In the store!
Produce
We've got lots of squash just in time for the cooler weather!
New crop apples from the US are here! Look for delicious varieties like Jona Gold, Galas, Fuji and more! Now is definitely the time to eat apples!

Meat and Seafood
We have sustainably harvested seafood from Alaska in our meat department...
Look for Alaskan sablefish, also known as Black Cod.
We also have Alaskan Coho Salmon from Cooks Inlet Alaska.

Cheese
We are pretty excited about local favorites Pureluck Dairy's Claire de Lune raw milk semi-firm Farmstead cheese. Gabe our cheese guys says, "It's got a unique-rawmilk-goat-flavor experience!"
Gabe is also excited about our Irish Kerrygold aged cheddar. It's from Ireland and has been aged 3 years. It's sharp with a nice round flavor.
Our staff had a cheese and beer pairing tasting a few weeks ago and Gabe's favorite pairing of the night was Fullers London Porter Ale and our Spanish Ibores raw goat milk cheese. The porter is rich and dark and the Ibores is dry and crumbly. Together, they make an incredible taste, according to Gabe.

Deli
If you haven't tried our new sandwiches, you may just be crazy! Don't wait any longer!
Our new sandwiches include 2 Po'Boys; The Catfish Jack Po'boy and the Popcorn Tofu Po'Boy on New World Bakery French Bread Hoagie rolls, and The Italian and the Italian Stallion on New World Bakery Ciabatta!
These new sandwiches are great, but you can also get your old favorites on any of our new breads, so give it a try!

Grocery
We've got a new raw foods section in grocery all your faves like raw chocolate cacao nibs, goji berries, and more in one convenient spot next to the bulk aisle 5! We've got your raw grocery covered at Wheatsville!

Don't forget to use your Co-op Advantage coupons. They are only redeemable through the 31st of October!

Please remember to vote in the Board, Boycott and Community Action Wednesday election...
http://wheatsville.coop/election/index.html
A lot of you voted on-line after last week's e-mail, so thank you! You can select from a great group of candidates who will help lead our co-op through the important renovation/ expansion and post-project period. You also get to decide whether we will continue our boycott of products tested on animals. Finally, you will choose what amazing local groups will get the majority of Wheatsville's charitable giving in the coming year in our Community Action Wednesday ballot.

And, in case you missed it last week, here is some info about our new Wheatsville Credit Card!
Get credit for supporting your co-op!
The other thing that I wanted to tell you as soon as possible is about our cool new partnership with our friends at the University Federal Credit Union. Together, we are offering a new Wheatsville Co-op Great Rate Credit Card. This credit card (with a really great design by our very own, Aldia Bluewillow) will give you a way to support your food co-op every time you use it! Basically, every time you use the Wheatsville Credit Card, Wheatsville will receive a small portion of the purchase price (at no additional cost to you). We know that credit cards are a convenient wat for folks to pay for their groceries, but the costs to process credit cards are growing each year. By offering this card, we are hoping to help offset some of the fees that we experience for credit and debit card fees. The really neat thing, is you can use the card anywhere and Wheatsville gets some benefit. So, if (for some reason) you visit another food store in Austin, you can still support the co-op with your purchase if you use your new card.

JPEG image

We are really pleased to be working with the nice folks at our local financial cooperative, the University Federal Credit Union, on this project.
If you are interested, the easiest way to apply is on-line (I applied yesterday!) Here is how you do it:
go to https://webapp.myappro.com/webapp/ufcu/LoanSelection.aspx
In the box labeled "applicant" select "SIngle" or "Joint"
In the box labeled "What kind of loan..." select "Wheatsville Great Rate Visa" and hit "continue"
The rest is pretty self-explanatory!
We are happy for you to pay for your Wheatsville products with any accepted legal tender, but if you are a credit card user, getting a Wheatsville credit card could be a great solution for you and your co-op!

Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer!

I hope you all have a great week and I look forward to seeing you at one of the upcoming events or in the store!

Dan
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Fall Food, Third Thursday and Member Appreciation Day!, Dan Gillotte, 10/11/2006