wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Summer is COOL!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Summer is COOL!
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 16:50:55 -0500

HI FRIENDS! -<x-tad-bigger> (not shouting... just hit CAPS lock by accident!)</x-tad-bigger><x-tad-bigger>
</x-tad-bigger>

It's summertime and the living is H O T!
We'll do our part to try and help you stay cool!

Look for cool and refreshing fruit in our produce department!

Delicious baby seedless organic watermelons are available, so don't miss out!
Peaches are also a delight right now. We've got Texas Hill country peaches as well as organics from California.

As we head into Father's Day, I am reminded of one thing I learned from my dad; that summertime is all about eating watermelon and peaches... (cherries, too, to be honest, but we don't have a good supply right now... soon!)

We do have organic strawberries, blackberries and raspberries, though! Look at your Co-op Advantage flyers for an article called the Beauty of Berries that will give you some ideas on how to use your delicious summer bounty!

The deli is a good place to stay cool! We have excellent iced tea and the black, green, and jasmine are organic! Nile valley hibiscus mint is also a delightful refreshing summer drink!
Smoothies are cooling for breakfast, lunch or even dinner! if you haven't tried the superfruit acai smoothie, you're missing out! we have other delicious flavors, too!

Our salads are also nice foods to help you stay cool. We have 3 types of meal-size salads with salad greens and either baked tofu, fresh mozzarella, or grilled buddy's natural chicken. Look for our small side salads that have sprouts, cherry tomatoes, red onions and carrots. Each salad comes with one of our delicious homemade from scratch dressings; cilantro-lime, tomato basil, or tamari-garlic! These dressings really make our salads something special!

Co-op advantage specials are on as always! Here is just a small selection of the goods on sale this month... (for more click http://www.wheatsville.coop/CAP%20flyers/SW0606%20final.pdf to download a pdf of the flyer!)
The flyer has a nice recipe for Greek Pasta Salad and Classic MIxed Berry Compote

Annie's natural dressing including my favorite Goddess dressing for just $1.99!
Crofter's Organic Fruit Preserve for just $2.29
Blue Sky soda with Real Sugar 6-packs 2 for $5!
So Delicious Organic Non-dairy dessert for $3.99- Yep, new sillier name, but still the same tasty treat inside!
Imagine Rice Dream Enriched for $1.69

In the world of seafood, look for fresh wild-caught ivory king salmon available.

Next Friday, we are having an extra special activity at the co-op, a big group picture with Wheatsville Staff and Member-owners! I hope you can join us at 6 pm out front for a short picture taking session! We will close the store for about 5 minutes at that time so that EVERYONE can be included! Thanks to Andrea Johnson for organizing it!

Next Friday is also Family Eldercare's Fan Fare Friday. We are a participating drop-off point, so bring your new fan or monetary donation between 3 and 7 next Friday! every NEW fan donated or $12 donation will get you an entry into a cool giveaway of a new AC system or a laptop! For more info go to.. http://familyeldercare.org/
Hope you stay cool!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mauil guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Summer is COOL!, Dan Gillotte, 06/16/2006