wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Party like we're 30!!!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: "dan gillotte" <dgillotte AT gmail.com>
  • To: Wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Party like we're 30!!!
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 17:16:42 -0600

We hope to see you at our 30th Birthday party THIS Sunday from
5-10:30. It will be at Howson Hall at the Unitarian Universalist
Church, 4700 Grover St.

In order to ensure that we will have enough food, please RSVP to
aldia222 AT sbcglobal.net

We have been having e-mail challenges, so if you got a bounceback for
some reason, please rsvp again at the above e-mail.

As we finalize the details on this party, it just sounds better and better!

Here is what we've got going on!

Beginning at 5 pm, we'll have h'ors d'ouevres including El Milagro
Chips, Austin Spice Company Salsa, Pesto from P/2 Organics, and dolmas
from Tom's Tabooley.

Mr. Smarty Pants and friends will be outside twisting balloons and
face painting.

Our excellent Silent Auction will be open for bidding! We've got many
great items from Wheatsville members and local businesses including a
one night romantic getaway from our friends at Habitat Suites and Casa
de Luz!

At 5:15 Herb Pharm will play their great music for us
We'll have beer (including home brew from the Black Star Co-op Pub
folks), Tea, Reed's Ginger Brew and Root Beer available.
Dinner will start at 6 pm and last until about 7.
Featured food includes:
an organic salad bar with Sass dressing and New World sprouts
Meat and seafood entrees such as Buddy's natural grilled chicken and
sausage, Bandera Grassfed Ribeye, and halibut and oysters from
Ecofish.
Vegetarian entrees including falafel and tahini from Solar Falafel,
Vegitas from White Mountain Foods, and two delicious pilafs made by
Kala's Cuisine and Aster's Ethiopian Foods.

Because we expect a lot of people and want to have food for everyone,
people need to RSVP so that we can get you on the list for dinner.
RSVP at aldia222 AT sbcglobal.net

After dinner we'll have a short presentation celebrating Wheatsville
and then Austin Favorites, Heybale will play! This is the part of the
night when we dance our selves silly!

It's not a Birthday party without cake, so expect a wonderful
Wheatsville deli birthday cake, brownies from Butters Brownies and Ice
Cream from Blue Bell.

Throughout the evening, we will be playing a Wheatsville Slideshow
with lots of great images of Wheatsville's illustrious past!

This event is FREE for members and just $10 for non-members…

I hope to see you there!

If you are interested in volunteering to help serve food or set-up,
please let me know. We would love your help!

While we sort through e-mail issues, you may e-mail me at dgillotte AT gmail.com

Thanks so much for all your support!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Party like we're 30!!!, dan gillotte, 03/21/2006