wheatsville - [Wheatsville] December Holidays and a Happy New Year to you!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] December Holidays and a Happy New Year to you!
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 15:41:09 -0600

Hello Wheatsville!!! I hope you're enjoying our "winter" weather!

For many folks, the holidays are here and these next few weeks tend to be pretty hectic times mixed with fun with friends and family. I hope that you have a great time in whatever you choose to do, even if it's nothing! If you are feeling hectic, or are planning a holiday with family and friends, Wheatsville can help you out.

On the gift front, our Housewares department has you covered with lots of wonderful, fun and quirky items for your friends and families.
Artisan Japanese bowls, Locally made candles, fun finger puppets, calendars and datebooks, fair trade oven mitts and pot-holders, Avenging Unicorn toy, the Magic Growing Garden and more!

Chocolate also makes a great gift and we've got some great Organic and Fair Trade Chocolate on sale! Dagoba Chocolate is on sale for $1.89!
Equal Exchange Chocolate is 2 for $5.00!

Co-op Gift Cards are also great gifts for friends that are fans of the co-op or people that you want to get into the Co-op Way! These are available in any denomination at the Front End!

Deli
The deli has great and delicious food to keep you fueled through the next couple of weeks. Come in for a quick lunch, or bring some stuff home for dinner. We're packaging up some of your favorite soups in quarts for your take-home use... Look for Tempeh Chili and other favorites every day in the self-serve case.

If you are still planning a holiday party, the deli can hook you up with delicious platters of food. With 48 hours notice, we can make meat and cheese trays, fruit and cheese trays or middle eastern trays.

The deli will also have delicious pies and sides available for your holiday dinner table. Pre-order your pie by the 21st, or come in for first come first served as available. I recommend the Coconut Cream Pie.

Meat
Bryan, our meat guy has some special items available for the holidays.

Beef Boneless Rib Roast (prime rib) I don't eat meat these days, but this is what my family did for New Year's dinner $16.99/lb

B3R Beef Bone-in standing Rib Roast $13.99/ lb

B3R Tenderloin Roast Chatueau-broin

Organic Pork Boneless Roast $8.99/lb

Pederson's Spiral cut hams in Honey and Blackforest varieties for $4.79

This year, our new friends at St. Brigid's Farm will have goose and duck available for your Christmas table. Call NOW to pre-order and for pricing.

Word from Gabe, our cheese buyer:

For the holidays we have several special items in our cheese department. For the next couple of weeks you will find port wine cheese balls, Cahill porter cheese (only 1 box, so hurry!), cheese stuffed olives and peppers, French goat cheese minis, as well as a broader assortment of Brie and soft cheeses. We are also featuring Taleggio, a soft Italian DOP cheese, for December’s cheese of the month. You can find a handout with more info on this great cheese, along with some recipes, in the cheese case. DON’T FORGET to bring cheese to your holiday functions!! Our Domestic and Gourmet Cheese trays (and an array of deli trays) will be available for purchase through the holidays. Inquire with the cheese department and/or the Wheatsville deli for more info/ordering.

Investment Drive Update!
Thanks to 172 of your fellow member-owners, we have raised over $740,000 in pledges for our investment drive. This is an incredible thing and we're very grateful for all of you who pledged to invest in your co-op! In just a little over 3 months, we have done this amazing thing! Thank you so much! If you missed the deadline, but still want to invest, contact Maria at 478-2667. If you made a pledge, but haven't sent in your check and subscription agreement yet, please do so as soon as possible. We have collected nearly $500,000 so far! Thanks for your prompt response.

Looking forward to the New Year!
2005 has been an amazing year for your co-op and I am proud of all that we have achieved and grateful for your amazing support! Without you, we're nothing! Thanks for making Wheatsville's 2005 so terrific! I look forward to all that our bright future holds!

It looks like the Patronage Rebate will be something to look forward to in the New Year, too. I am anticipating handing out checks during the first weekend of January, the 7th and 8th. I'll announce it officially later, but that looks to be the date at this point. Look for signs or e-mails about it!

You don't look a day over 29!
It's true, our awesome co-op is 30 years old in 2006! We are looking for co-op memories and stories for the March issue of the Wheatsville Breeze. Please send your stories or anecdotes to aldia AT wheatsville.coop Stay tuned for exciting news about our HUGE 30th Birthday Party!

I hope you have a great December, Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Solstice and New Year! I hope your days are filled with friends, family and fun!

Thanks again for your support of your co-op!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] December Holidays and a Happy New Year to you!, Dan Gillotte, 12/19/2005