wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Co-op Investing, Third Thursday, and the Holidays!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.coop>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Co-op Investing, Third Thursday, and the Holidays!
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:43:38 -0600

Hello Wheatsville!

Our Investment drive is wrapping up and we've raised over $700,000 from members like you! We are hoping that many of you who are waiting until the last minute commit this week!
Call Maria or Dan with questions or to commit to invest! Thank you for your support in this momentous project!

Since the IRS hasn't got back to us yet, it looks like the Patronage Rebate will happen in the early part of January. We'll spread the word soon about the date you can come and get your check!

Third Thursday is happening tomorrow night from 6-9:30. Join us as local merchants up and down Guadalupe celebrate!

Here at Wheatsville we'll have music from The Band Next Door
will come to play from 6 to 9:00-9:30 (with a break at 7:30 for the puppet show).

Dot Smith
, a local puppeteer, will come at 7:30 to do a puppet show while
the band takes a break.

We'll have about a half dozen local artists showing their work including handmade jewelry and leather work as well as a glassblower blowing glass on premises!!!

In-Step will be offering hot chocolate and christmas cookies!
For more info... http://www.ibuyaustin.com/third-thursday.php

In Store
The Wheatsville Deli can hook you up with delicious party trays for any of those parties you may be planning!
Think of us for your New Year's celebration, too! Party trays are available with 48 hours prior notice.
We have:
Meat and Cheese Trays
Middle Eastern Trays
Fruit and Cheese Trays
Prices range from $34 up to $90, a great deal!

We'll be offering Mary's Free Range Turkeys for Christmas, as we did for Thanksgiving. Please pre-order to ensure that you get the size of turkey that you want!
We will have fresh natural turkeys and frozen organic ones available. Please ask for Bryan in the meat department with any questions!

Housewares has lots of cool gifts for folks on your list from the silly to the sophisticated!
Great stocking stuffers, too! Also, we have a great selection of wonderful calendars! I especially like the Catlovers against the Bomb calendar. The cover cat lives with Wheatsville member-owner, Craig Warner!

We are still collecting canned goods for the Capital Area Food bank, so if you can give something to people in need, we'd appreciate it!

I hope whatever you do over the coming weeks is filled with fun, friends and family!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

Here are some events, not sponsored by Wheatsville, but that may be of interest:
Progressive, Permie Potluck & Winter Holiday Party
Saturday, December 17th 6pm-12pm
3401 Hancock Drive
the home of Dave Sanford

Permies, AustinEcoNetworkers, Cohousers, Green Builders, Progressive Potluckers, TreeFolks, Green Girls, Chicas Verdes, other related groups  and anyone else who wishes they were a part of these great collections people and/or wants to at least meet them.

Potluck food and beverage
please bring a dish to serve 6-8, a label describing your food and its ingredients, and your own plates, utensils and cups

Door prizes
$500 value coupon for upcoming 10-day Permaculture class as well as 2 1 day $60 coupons.

Videos
Shown on the hour in a cozy setting : These include gems like: Polyface farms, Malcolm Beck and the Gardenville story, Global Gardener, The Synergistic Garden,  Cohousing, The Private Life of Plants

Green Elephant gift swap
Well have a fun exchange of gifts if you want to participate bring something you grew, made, or think represents permaculture or sustainability

Camp Fire and Acoustic Music Jam
Bring your instruments, voices and spirits to make beautiful music

Last Introduction to Permaculture Thursday December 15th
Practical principles and tools for living in alignment with nature
by Dick Pierce and Selwyn Polit

Permaculture is a design system for creating sustainable and ecologically sound ways to live our lives in harmony with nature. It covers a wide range of topics including edible landscapes, integrating animals, organic growing, herb spirals, ponds, natural and green-building, maximizing food production with small scale intensive growing and designing self-maintaining landscapes.

Join us to learn more about Permaculture's practical principles and tools for living in alignment with nature and making a difference.

This free class will be at 7pm at Habitat Suites Hotel Meeting room. 500 East Highland Mall Boulevard. Austin, Texas 78752 (512) 467-6000. On the web at www.HabitatSuites.com.  Near Highland Mall.

This 1 hour course will be repeated on the following dates:

Thu October  13      Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm
Thu October  27      Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm
Thu November 3       Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm
Thu November 10      Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm
Thu November 17      Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm
Thu December 1       Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm
Sat Dec 3            Natural Gardener                       10am - 12pm
Thu December 8       Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm
Thu December 15      Habitat Suites Hotel, Austin           7-8:30pm

More at www.AustinProgressiveCalendar.com/permaculture.htm

  • [Wheatsville] Co-op Investing, Third Thursday, and the Holidays!, Dan Gillotte, 12/14/2005