wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Goodbye August, hello September!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Goodbye August, hello September!
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:59:00 -0500

Hello co-op friends!

Believe it or not, September is almost here! August flew by for me as did the rest of the summer actually. I hope you had some fun and relaxation and that you have some fun planned for Labor Day weekend! The idea of Labor Day being the traditional end of summer, doesn't have much meaning here in Texas since we'll have another couple of months of summer to get through. But, it's as good an excuse as any to have a picnic or barbecue or go to the lake! Although we mostly forget it, it's also a good time to remember (and thank) the people of the past who fought long and hard for the 8 hour work day and 40 hour work week among other protections that we all take for granted. Here's a link to a site about the history of Labor Day http://www.dol.gov/opa/aboutdol/laborday.htm

Have fun and be safe!

As of tomorrow, we'll have new Co-op Advantage Specials for you to purchase!
Some of the deals for Organic Harvest Month include:

Wallaby Organic Low Fat Yogurt 75¢
Cascadian Farms Organic Peas and other selected veggies $1.99
Westbrae Organic beans 99¢
Soy Delicious Non-Dairy Dessert
32 oz $3.99
Arrowhead Organic Cereals
selected varieties $2.69
Late July Organic Crackers $1.99
Rudi's Bakery Organic Sliced Bread $2.69
Muir Glen Organic Pasta Sauce $2.69

These are just a sampling of the many items you will find on great deal at your co-op!

You have probably already received your Co-op Advantage Coupon Book in the mail. There are over $30 worth of coupons in the booklet, so I hope you take advantage of that great offer! This is one of the ways that we work with other co-ops to deliver value to our members.

Look for our salsa of the month, Salsa Guajillo con Miel. This delicious salsa combines guajillo and ancho peppers along with a touch of honey for a very special taste.

From September 1st until September 15th enjoy our Co-op Share recipes from our friends at New Pioneer Co-op in Iowa.
Apricot Mustard Chicken,
oven roasted with a glaze of apricot preserves yogurt and toasted almonds. Delicious hot or cold.
Twice Baked Potatoes, Idaho Potatoes are baked, cooled, scooped and then blended and stuffed with cheddar cheese, Neufchatel, sour cream, garlic and scallions and baked a second time for a rich and cheesy flavor.

Try these favorite recipes from our pals in the Heartland!

On a serious note... We will be collecting money for Hurricane Katrina relief at the registers for the next week or so. If you can help out at all, we would appreciate it! Look for the mason jars at the registers.

Have a great week and weekend!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

Wheatsville Co-op winner Best of Austin Best Specialty/ Gourmet Grocery and Best Place to be a Faux Vegetarian!

  • [Wheatsville] Goodbye August, hello September!, Dan Gillotte, 08/31/2005