wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Monthly specials!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Monthly specials!
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 15:04:22 -0500

Howdy Wheatsville!

Third Thursday is coming fast! This Thursday from 7-10 pm. Look for craftspeople in our back parking lot showing off their hand made glass wares. Also, one man band Jesse Ellis will be playing his own special brand of fun sounds from 8:30-9 or so. We’re hoping to have some more fun lined up and surprises, too!

InStep is having their final sidewalk sales for a while, so don’t miss that. They will also have their delightful and refreshing frozen lemonade!

In the store:

Deli

A-Maize-ing Black Bean salsa is a-happenin’ in the deli all this month. Virginia Wood of the Chronicle was nice enough to let people know about this in last week’s issue. Don’t miss out on this special salsa made with black bean, corn, chopped tomatoes and cilantro.

Meat
Bryan, our meat guy, has been preparing some special products for you omnivores out there! Look for his stuffed natural chickens as well as stuffed organic pork.

Grocery

Co-op Advantage specials are in full effect throughout the store and especially in grocery. For full listing, click HERE!
Some selected items:

Annie’s Homegrown pasta & Cheese Dinner, selected varieties $1.29
Barbara’s Bakery Puffins $2.89
Muir Glen Organic Salsa $2.69
Garden of Eatin’ Mini Corn Chips 99¢
Arrowhead Mills Organic Peanut Butter $3.29
Imagine Enriched Rice Dream $1.69

Frozen
Turtle Mountain Non-dairy Dessert (AKA Soy ice cream and in my opinion, the best! I especially like Turtle Trails and Cookie Avalanche, but Peanut Butter Zig Zag is also a must try flavor! This is premium Soy Frozen delight!) $2.49
Boca Burgers $3.49
Cascadian Farms Frozen Vegetables 16 oz. Selected varieties $1.99

Check out the Co-op Advantage Flyer on-line or in the store for some great tomato recipes like Pasta Puttanesca Fresca and Tuscan Tomato Burgers.

Thanks for continuing to support your local co-op! If your friends still haven’t become Wheatsville members, bring them on by for lunch and let us win them over!

Hope to see you soon!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Third Thursday and Monthly specials!, Dan Gillotte, 08/16/2005