wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day SATURDAY!!! Refreshing suggestions, too!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day SATURDAY!!! Refreshing suggestions, too!
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:54:45 -0500

Hi Wheatsville Owner-members and friends!

Don’t miss our Member Appreciation Day tomorrow Saturday July 23rd! We’ll give you a 10% discount off any purchase. (Tell your non-member friends. It’s a good time to join!) From 12-4 we’ll be sampling throughout the store. Here are just some of the items we’ll be sampling:
Local product from Sweet Leaf Tea and Holden’s BBQ sauce, Montchevre French Blue Cheese, bakery items from the deli and more!

Check out our Co-op Advantage Specials on-line now. Just click HERE! Buying Co-op Advantage items on Member Appreciation Day is your best value in town hands down!

Produce Seasonal Specialties
Organic Red Seedless Grapes are on sale this weekend for $2.49 a pound.
New Sunburst Squash now available.
We’ve got lots of organic summer fruit including, peaches, plums, nectarines, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and melons (including local Tecolote Farms melons)
Summer is the time for produce, so check us out!

Picnic and summetime eatin' and drinkin'

It’s hot, but you can still take a picnic to a swimming hole. Gabe our cheese guy suggests Cypress Grove Humboldt Fog Soft Ripened Goat Cheese. Gabe says, “This is the best cheese ever!” Who can argue with that? This cheese is somewhat like a cross between brie and chevre and is great with crackers or crusty bread as an appetizer or on a picnic. You can eat this cold (unlike most brie) or let it soften if you want a creamier version.

Looking for a festive and refreshing summer beverage? Here is a recipe from our own Bryan Lawhorn for an inexpensive and delicious Sangria. Use 7-up, Sprite or some other lemon-lime soda , low- moderately priced red wine (like the Striccali chianti) mix with your choice of citrus juice (lemonade, limeade, orange juice, etc.) Use equal parts of all three main ingredients with ice. Put in some cut citrus for even more appeal!

If you’re short on time, you can buy a pre-made version, Cruz Garcia Real Sangria made with Spanish red wine and natural citrus flavors.

The perfect Picnic beer according to beer man, Shane Shelton, is our New Belgium Loft Beer. Phil Johnson, from the front end, says, “It’s like putting your mouth under a waterfall!”

Can't stand the heat? Get to the deli!

The deli has a new entrée in the case; California Chicken, Buddy’s Natural Chicken grilled with sun-dried tomatoes, avocado and provolone cheese.

Also, as you might be eating more salads this summer, don’t forget the Wheatsville Deli’s own salad dressings in 3 flavors- Tamari Garlic, Cilantro Lime, and Tomato Basil all homemade by the deli. Available in the deli grab and go case.

I hope to see you this weekend! Thanks for your strong support of our co-op!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Member Appreciation Day SATURDAY!!! Refreshing suggestions, too!, Dan Gillotte, 07/22/2005