wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Fourth of July

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Fourth of July
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:08:46 -0500

Hello Wheatsville friends!

Here are just a few of the new Co-op Advantage Specials just for July!
Amy’s Veggie Burgers for $3.29
Reed’s Ginger Brew $2.99 a 4 pack
Kettle Krinkle Cut Chips for $1.75
Cascadian Cereal, selected varieties for $2.99
Enriched Soy Dream 2 for $3.
Little Bear Tortilla Chips for $1.99
The flyer is available at the member center and at the registers. Look for grilling tips with a great recipe for Grilled Mediterranean Tofu Eggplant Stacks.
There are also some nice looking recipes for Summertime beverages including a Ginger Berry Slush.

You can also look at them on-line now if you like. Just click HERE!

The deli cooks so you don’t have to…
This weekend you’ll find a selection of our best summer time fare including potato salads and cole slaws. Look for Co-op Share from our sister co-op in Minneapolis, the Linden Hills Co-op. We’re featuring their delightful Bucky’s Baked Beans and Tofu Oat Burgers.
Our salsa of the month for July is Just Peachy Chutney, a ginger-y chutney made with fresh hill country peaches!
Produce continues to rock with Texas Organic Watermelons and Hill Country Peaches as well as Organic Strawberries for $3.99 a pound and Organic Blueberries for $4.69 a pint. Also, snap up the Organic Rainier Cherries while you can. This special fruit has a short availability, so get ‘em now!

Please consider voting for us in the Austin Chronicle Best of Austin ballot. Here’s the link: http://www.austinchronicle.com/feedback/bestof/05/
Put us in any category you think we deserve, but it would be especially sweet to win Best Specialty/ Gourmet Grocery for the second year in a row! Other suggested possibilities:
Best Locally Produced Food: Wheatsville’s Popcorn Tofu
Coffee/Tea Selection
Cheap meal
Outdoor seating
Place to meet for lunch
Effort to improve Austin:
Wheatsville’s Community Action Wednesdays

Well, maybe you get the idea! We know that there are many deserving local businesses out there, but think of us where appropriate! Thanks!

We hope you have a lovely 4th of July weekend planned and that you enjoy it fully! We’re open all weekend, normal hours except we’ll be closed at 10pm on Monday, July 4th so stock up early.

Wheatsville’s monthly board meeting will be held next Thursday at 6pm at the Episcopal Seminary of the Southwest Seminar Room, 606 Rathervue Place. All members are welcome to attend and the first 15 minutes of each meeting are available for open time for member comments and suggestions.

Hope to see you in thestore! Thanks for supporting our local co-op business!

Dan Gillotte
General manager and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Fourth of July, dan gillotte, 07/01/2005