wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Keep it cool, keep it co-op!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Keep it cool, keep it co-op!
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 13:05:01 -0500

Hello Wheatsville!

Well, it's officially hot. (Not as hot as it could be, though!) I hope that you're finding ways to stay cool. I took my first dip of the year in our nearby Shipe Pool. That was great! Get some snacks at Wheatsville and head over to Shipe at 45th and Avenue D for a nice summer diversion!

Co-op Advantage Specials are looking good for June. Check out these deals:

Rudi's Organic Sandwich Breads, selected varieties for just $2.69. This is the only sliced bread we eat these days (and we feature it in our deli, too.) Check it out if you haven't. A yummy and organic sliced bread, many with whole grains.

Westbrae Organic Beans for 99¢.

Organic Silk Soymilk, shelf stable for $1.59.

Garden of Eatin' Organic Tortilla Chips for $1.89

Wholesoy Cultured Soy Yogurt for 79¢

New Double Rainbow Ice Cream for $2.29

Natural Sea Fish Sticks for $3.49

Natural Sea Tuna for 99¢

Rising Moon Ravioli for $2.99

Kettle Potato Chips 9 oz 2 for $3

Lakewood Organic Lemonade for $1.89

Look for recipes in the CAP flyer for Broccoli Slaw and Salad Nicoise.

There is some special product on sale in produce, too!

Organic Honeydew melons for $1.29 a pound while supplies last

Organic cantaloupe for 99¢ a pound.

Hill country peaches for $1.69 a pound- Our peaches are generally better than the other guys' because we let them ripen at room temperature and bring out their flavor. Get them ready to eat! (You might want to eat them over the sink, though or wear a bib. They're pretty juicy!)

Our meat department continues to feature wild, line caught Alaskan fish including salmon, halibut and cod. We are also featuring Organic Prairie Pork products from small family farms in the mid-west.

In the dairy department, look for Organic milk from Texas dairies! Texas Pastures from Organic Valley is now available at Wheatsville. Go Organic, Go Texas!

Deli

Look for our amazing Salsa of the Month for June, Roasted Tomato Salsa
with Roasted garlic, carmelized onions and other delicious flavors. This is a rich tasting and delightful salsa by our cook, Wonko.

Next week on June 16th we'll be holding our Third Third Thursday.
So far, these events have been a lot of fun and I expect that they will continue to grown in fun.
Wheatsville is going to have live music, belly dancing from the children's belly dancing troupe, the Bellyettes and some fire dancing.

In-step will have a Margarita Machine and will be using it to give away frozen
lemonade! They will also be having a sidewalk sale.
I know many folks are bereft that they aren't having their annual tent sale, so this "rummage" type sale might fill that need a little. They'll have deals from $19.95 and up.

More details next week, but I wanted to let you know that fun is being planned as we speak for next week!

Hope you all are swell!
See you in the store!
Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy!

  • [Wheatsville] Keep it cool, keep it co-op!, dan gillotte, 06/07/2005