wheatsville - [Wheatsville] 20th Annual Artsfest! Don't miss it!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: dan gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] 20th Annual Artsfest! Don't miss it!
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 17:04:22 -0600

One more reminder for you to join us for the 20th Annual Wheatsville Artsfest. We transform our back parking lot into a winter wonderland of great artists and craftspeople and terrific live local music and kid’s activities! If you’ve never been to the Wheatsville Artsfest, you owe it to yourself to come and enjoy this Austin Winter tradition! The Artsfest is this Saturday and Sunday from 10-5:30.
Our schedule of music and kid’s activities is as follows:

Saturday

11am – 12pm The Telephone Company (fun kid’s oriented pop)
Noon-1pm The Spirit of Natfield Littlecourt
1 – 2pm Pam Peltz
2:30-3:30pm King Conjure Combo
4:30-5:30 The Sleep Walkers

Sunday

10-11am Unholy Gospel Hour with Danny Dollinger
11:15-12:15pm The Mudstompers
12:30-1:15pm Catfish Jack and Maria Vilaboy
2-3:30pm Diana Cantu Band
4-5:30pm Steven Wiley Yeargain and Hippitonk

Puppet Shows

Saturday 10am, Noon, 3:30pm
Sunday Noon, 3:30pm

So, please make a point to join us for this wonderful event. Skip the mall and get everyone on your list (or yourself!) some great local handmade gifts. Over 75 local artists will be here in person to delight you with their awesome handiwork! Come on by for a great day and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
Although it isn't going to rain(!) the event is rain or shine, so come dressed for the weather and defy the elements (if necessary)
Because it is such a popular event, parking can be a bit of a challenge, so it’s best if you plan on parking on the side streets east and west of Wheatsville. You can usually find a spot within a block or two of Wheatsville and you can avoid the stress of trying to park in the lot.

If you are just coming to shop at the store, feel free to park in the lot, of course. If you can wait to shop until after 6 pm each night of the artsfest, parking becomes much easier. These are just some suggestions so that Artsfest can be fun and shopping can be comfortable!

We look forward to seeing you this weekend!

One more thing, if you are entertaining this holiday season at home or at work, consider the Wheatsville deli for wonderful and delicious party trays. We have some very tasty offerings for you to choose from. Check in for more information at the deli!

Dan
Wheatsville GM, e-guy and Artsfest participant

p.s. Tell your friends!

  • [Wheatsville] 20th Annual Artsfest! Don't miss it!, dan gillotte, 12/02/2004