wheatsville - [Wheatsville] Summer is the season!

wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Wheatsville Co-op Austin, TX

  • From: Dan Gillotte <gm AT wheatsville.com>
  • To: <wheatsville AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Wheatsville] Summer is the season!
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2004 09:47:44 -0500

Title: Summer is the season!
Summer is here! Can you feel the heat?

Wheatsville has several reasons why we should be thankful that Summertime is finally here!

    Check out our delicious selection of summer fruits such as local Fredericksburg peaches, organic California peaches and organic nectarines which are out of this world! (I had some last week when the first of the season arrived and I was knocked out at how good they are!) In general, you will find Wheatsville’s stone fruit second to none because we leave them un-refrigerated so that they can ripen naturally and are more likely to be perfect and ready to eat when you buy them. Allowing them to ripen this way also ensures that they are at the maximum in flavor and sweetness. (Stone Fruit growers suggest this, but the big guys prefer to put everything in their coolers so the shelf life is extended. We believe in flavor and quality, so we keep them at room temperature where they belong!) So, come eat stone fruit the way the growers suggest. You’ll never eat the regular grocery store variety again.
    Enjoy our seedless organic watermelon on sale this week for the amazing price of 39¢ a pound. We also cut melons in case a full one is too big. If you don’t see them on the display, just let our produce person know and they’ll cut one in half for you! Organic Honeydew and cantaloupe are also on sale.
Berries are in full force and I encourage you to savor the season with Local organic blackberries and organic strawberries. We have organic raspberries on sales this week for $2.89 which is a great price for such a fine product. We’re also featuring berries in our deli this month.
    Our produce crew is working hard to provide you with the highest quality best tasting seasonal fruits all summer long. We source out local product whenever possible and focus primarily on organic items when available. Because of the nature of fresh organic produce, some items may not be available at all times.
    So, enjoy the summer. Keep cool with fresh fruit and thank you again for supporting your local co-op!

Dan Gillotte
Wheatsville GM and e-mail guy

  • [Wheatsville] Summer is the season!, Dan Gillotte, 06/03/2004