unclug - Re: [unclug] nagios and check_nrpe

unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: UNC Linux Users Group

  • From: Brian Payst <brian_payst AT unc.edu>
  • To: UNC Linux Users Group <unclug AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [unclug] nagios and check_nrpe
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:57:29 -0400

That's what I ended up doing. It refused to be happy when run from xinetd for some reason. I went for the daemon approach and it's happily reporting for me.

Thanks.

John Reuning wrote:
You should be able to run the nagios plugins by hand from the command line. Look in the libexec directory, which is where the docs say to install them. If the plugin doesn't give you a list of options when you run it without, try using --help or -h or something similar.

If you can get the desired results running it by hand, then you can follow the path to the service check definitions to verify the syntax for the specfic instance of the service checks.

Hope this helps,

-jrr