typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Brooklyn tonight: 70's Post Punk Dance Party & X-Ray Spex Tribute Album Release Show

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Brooklyn tonight: 70's Post Punk Dance Party & X-Ray Spex Tribute Album Release Show
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:25:20 -0400

https://www.facebook.com/events/268756609878869/

To honor the memory of Poly Styrene on the first anniversary of her
death, we are celebrating the life of our favorite post-punk hero with
a 70's post-punk dance party. This party also celebrates the official
release of the Permanent Wave X-Ray Spex covers album, featuring
kickass covers by bands dear to our collective heart!

Proceeds from the album and the party will benefit the Sweet Relief
Musician Fund, which provides financial assistance to all types of
career musicians who are struggling to make ends meet while facing
illness, disability, or age-related problems.
https://www.sweetrelief.org/

Download the album here:
http://thepermanentwave.bandcamp.com/

The show will feature the unstoppable BAD CREDIT NO CREDIT doing a
full X-Ray Spex covers set. DJ party with dancing before and after the
set!
http://badcreditnocredit.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/badcreditnocredit

With DJ sets by Mursi Layne, Judy Berman, and Little,Big.

At THE HIVE in Bushwick:
20 Cook Street
Brooklyn, NY

Easy walk from:
JMZ at Lorimer or at Flushing
L at Montrose
G at Flushing
and the B43 bus stops right on the corner of Graham and Cook!

All ages, suggested donation of $5-$10 -- no one will be turned away
21+ to drink

Doors at 8:00 PM.

Permanent Wave is a network of feminist artists and activists. We want
to challenge gender inequality as it manifests itself in art,
politics, and our personal lives, and we want you to join. We believe
that women should see each other as collaborators and inspirations,
not rivals. We want to continue the feminist movement that began
generations ago by creating a revolutionary arts movement that’s
relevant to women, queer, and trans people today.

For more info on upcoming events and meetings:
http://www.thepermanentwave.org/
http://www.facebook.com/thepermanentwave

if you want to get involved and/or be on our mailing list, send a
message to thepermanentwave AT gmail.com!
Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
-

  • [TypicalGirls] Brooklyn tonight: 70's Post Punk Dance Party & X-Ray Spex Tribute Album Release Show, Joly MacFie, 04/27/2012