typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Children Medieval Band

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Sharon Cheslow <decomposition AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Children Medieval Band
  • Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 20:51:29 -0700

I'm sure you've probably already seen this or heard about it, but I keep thinking about how Tobi once said something to the effect of...wouldn't it be great if parents bought their 5-year-old girls drums. The two sisters in this band, 5 and 8, on drums/harp and keyboards are amazing. I'm not a fan of Rammstein, but I can't wait to hear what they do when they start to write their own songs. I've been watching/listening to this every day for the past week...it's so inspiring (and reminds me of when I used to make music with my brother and sister as a kid):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqpRoVxH2jc

People are saying they're the future of rock and roll. I think they're "typical girls" and I hope they're the future of rock and roll as well. They're from Romania!

Sharon

  • [TypicalGirls] Children Medieval Band, Sharon Cheslow, 04/22/2012