typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Poly Styrene, R.I.P.

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Nicole Emmenegger <nicole AT jennywoolworth.ch>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Poly Styrene, R.I.P.
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:18:56 +0100

I woke up to the horrible rumours this morning of Poly Styrene's passing. Nothing official from her publicist yet but close friends have confirmed her death on Facebook and other sources.
If anyone hears any other news please share.

More than most other women in punk from that era Poly Styrene was a major inspiration for me. So beautiful and radiant she was.

-Nicole