typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] On My iPod: Viv Albertine’s Six-Track Mix

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Joly MacFie <joly AT punkcast.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] On My iPod: Viv Albertine’s Six-Track Mix
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:53:28 -0500

Well spotted!

The Johnny Clark she refers to is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I0T2o40px4
and the crazy b-side:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZgwg40eQvk

Interesting to see her compare Ari to Karen O - they're very unlike in person,
as Karen is quite shy. Also, unlike Ari she was a drinker in the band's early
days and, while wild then, she's practically tai chi these days. She's
never really had the primal rhythm thing going like Ari. But yes in
this song there is similarity.

And Thurston got the record - good for him!