typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] The Fates

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] The Fates
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:19:34 -0800 (PST)

reminds me I wanted to post about The Fates, as posted in various places
recently:

http://strictlyriddim.lefora.com/2008/11/19/the-fates-furialp1985uk/page1/
http://windyweather-bimble.blogspot.com/2008/04/fates-furia-lp-1985-well-ill-be-honest.html

Una Baines from the Fall with a few other women and some other ex-members of
the Fall. Some serious UK psychedelic folk whimsy influence. A bit droney at
times, a bit pastoral, a bit krautrocky, a bit garagey. Really one of the
coolest things I've heard in a while.

Dan Selzer
http://www.acuterecords.com/blog