typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Branca

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Mike Appelstein" <mike AT appelstein.com>
  • To: "'Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)'" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Branca
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:40:11 -0600

A few months ago, there was an announcement about Glenn Branca’s scheduled date here in St. Louis.  Our local alt-weekly, the Riverfront Times, has been all over this story.  Today they’ve posted an interview with the maestro himself:

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2008/11/interview_composer_glenn_branca_100_guitars_symphony_hallucination_city_14_st_louis_pageant.php

Unfortunately I can’t make it, but thought some of you would be interested in reading

- Mike

http://www.appelstein.com/blog

=