typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Ask the punk professor!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: WWWhatsup <joly AT dti.net>
  • To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Ask the punk professor!
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:37:53 -0500

http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/141/askpunk.jsp

What started as classic teenage rebellion ignited when it got
tangled up with the social and musical environment of 70s
London and became the movement we know as Punk. But Punk isn't
just a musical style, it's an attitude expressed through song,
art, fashion and video. Our Punk Professor Vivien Goldman was
there from the beginning. She knows all the legends, from John
Lydon to Chrissie Hynde to The Clash and beyond. She's here to
answer your questions about what makes Punk? Is it swagger,
studs, or Stiv? Ask her now!

WWWhatsup NYC

  • [TypicalGirls] Ask the punk professor!, WWWhatsup, 01/19/2007