typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] new live slits cd!

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: HunnyPi007 AT aol.com
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] new live slits cd!
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 04:46:16 EST

In a message dated 11/4/06 1:07:33 AM, danselzer AT yahoo.com writes:

--- HunnyPi007 AT aol.com wrote:

> no time for a report on wednesday's show (i'll do
> that later) as i'm off to
> the newly-relocated brooklyn show (108 STARR ST @
> Knickerbocker Ave....see
> dan's post for more details) which will hopefully
> include a great sound person and
> no equipment problems!

oh man that's good stuff! I hate to say it because I
love Todd and have worked with him many times, we even
came close to the idea of opening a club/space
together, but if there's one thing he can be dependent
on it's a pretty ad-hoc sound situation, where he is
often the sound guy and the PA is what is available.
I'm not knocking that, sometimes that's just what's
needed, but after many years of underground type shows
in the area from the likes of Todd, Mighty
Robot/Twisted Ones etc, you long for someone to marry
the DIY take on things with the hi-fi snob type sound
quality. Anyway, hope the show went well, hit the WFMU
record fair the home rather early as that's how I live
these days.

Got a sealed copy of the Jeff and Jane Hudson World
Trade EP for 15 dollars. Saw some cheap Mo-Dettes
singles and a Girls at Our Best. Always worth checking
out the WFMU fair.

dan

well, i REALLY hate to say it but... did this show even happen???!?!!  WTF?!?!
after several transportation woes, finally arrived to the starr street address and a guy called down saying the show had been cancelled or maybe again relocated (this time to 100 irving...which didn't seem to exist or was a big school)...would have actually been my first todd p show so this experience plus what dan says about sound problems doesn't bode well for me making further efforts in this regard (as much as i, too, appreciate the DIY ethic).... particularly annoying as i would have made an effort to attend the maxwell's show on thursday had i known i wouldn't be able to see them on friday.