typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Boston Slits show/Mo-dettes/Thank you.../Nightingales

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: maria tessa sciarrino <maria AT plainparade.org>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Boston Slits show/Mo-dettes/Thank you.../Nightingales
  • Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 15:49:57 -0500

There's a difference between having sound problems and being totally insane to the sound person, which was the problem with Ari a few years ago when she played a show that Sara & I booked.

-m.

Lani Smith wrote:
Thanks for pointing out the Boston Phoenix article, looking forward to reading it. Interesting to hear, at least from Jason's mention of the Voice review that Ari complained about the sound, since it sounds like there's been sound problems at each stop on the tour so far. She SHOULD "complain"!! It may not sound important to get the bird sounds right, but YES, IT IS! I liked the way she vocalized the dub feedback sounds rather than relying on feeback, imagine if she had to rely on the sound system for that too!