typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] boston show

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: mike AT appelstein.com
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>, Lani Smith <LSmith AT minlib.net>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] boston show
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:46:50 -0500

Palmolive does indeed live in Cape Cod, and some Typical Girls listmembers (me included, patting self on back) broke the case:

http://www.nstop.com/paloma/

She actually did turn up at a Raincoats show circa 1996. Anyone know if she made it last night? I haven't heard anything from her since that interview, which was more than a decade ago...

mike

Quoting Lani Smith <LSmith AT minlib.net>:

I was at the Boston show too. Sorry we didn't meet, unless we already know each other (!?) What
a fun show!! Though I had some friends who disagreed.

I heard them on a radio interview on WZBC earlier yesterday where they said, if I heard correctly,
Palmolive now lives in Massachusetts, and was possibly going to be at the show last night!! I
never found out if she did attend. Anyone hear anything on that?

I really want to go to more shows. I see them getting better as the tour goes on. If anyone's
going out from the Boston area, let me know!!
- Lani

Also, I saw Michael Patrick MacDonald there, whose new book "Easter Rising" I highly
recommend. About getting out of his neighborhood, the now notorious South Boston, through
the exploration of the music scene in Boston, and through music in general.