typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] boston show

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Lani Smith" <LSmith AT minlib.net>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] boston show
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 14:47:41 -0500

I was at the Boston show too. Sorry we didn't meet, unless we already know
each other (!?) What
a fun show!! Though I had some friends who disagreed.

I heard them on a radio interview on WZBC earlier yesterday where they said,
if I heard correctly,
Palmolive now lives in Massachusetts, and was possibly going to be at the
show last night!! I
never found out if she did attend. Anyone hear anything on that?

I really want to go to more shows. I see them getting better as the tour goes
on. If anyone's
going out from the Boston area, let me know!!
- Lani

Also, I saw Michael Patrick MacDonald there, whose new book "Easter Rising" I
highly
recommend. About getting out of his neighborhood, the now notorious South
Boston, through
the exploration of the music scene in Boston, and through music in general.