typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] A band of sisters

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "J Neo Marvin" <j_n_e_o AT hotmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] A band of sisters
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:06:11 -0700

Oops, looks like Dina missed one.

From: brandon wolford <thaworldsbiggestdick69 AT yahoo.com>
To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:27:57 -0700 (PDT)

Send me a picture of you if you can i want it to be dirty but if it aint that is ok i just want to see how pretty u r...you sound like a good gurl,,A gurl that dont like to talk dirty so i will leave you alone write back and tell me if your a dirty gurl still love u and i dont even know u SO HUNGRY READY TO LICK SOMETHING

J Neo Marvin <j_n_e_o AT hotmail.com> wrote: Another thought after reading it again...editors and journalists tend to
like stories with an angle that gets people's attention, so perhaps this was
Kimberly Chun's way to get some press for a couple of her favorite new
bands, T.I.T.S. and 16 Bitch Pileup, in a companion piece to her very
interesting Erase Errata article. Pity we end up with a rather glib, silly
setup at the start...oh yeah, Sleater-Kinney, Le Tigre, and Destiny's Child
have so much in common, don't they?

But I suspect the author's intentions were honorable, but twisted by the
notion that you have to have some kind of bold, sweeping thesis to stimulate
arguments on the letters page and therefore render the article worth
writing.