typicalgirls - [TypicalGirls] Sex Revolts,etc.

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: "Mr. Tim" <timmy.bear AT gmail.com>
  • To: typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [TypicalGirls] Sex Revolts,etc.
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 12:07:15 -0500

> 1. Thrush & The Cunts discog./the Reynolds book (John Caples)
I quite enjoyed the Reynolds book. My main objection to some of it
was that he selectively chose things that reinforced his theories
(there's quite a bit of Eno that, in fact, reinforces sexism/tradition
as much as what undermines it...of course, as a critic of sexism who
likes the Rolling Stones and a gay man who likes Larry the Cable Guy
(would like him tied to my bed, actually), I may not be a good
analyst...). I liked the Suicide Book, and I must say a band called
Thrush and the Cunts sounds intriguing.

  • [TypicalGirls] Sex Revolts,etc., Mr. Tim, 03/12/2006