typicalgirls - Re: [TypicalGirls] Blue Orchids

typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)

  • From: pascale amzallou <pascaleamz AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Typical Girls: Women in Punk/Post-Punk/Underground Music (Circa 1975-1980s)" <typicalgirls AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] Blue Orchids
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 17:41:58 -0800 (PST)

There's a Nico track on the reissue of the Blue
Orchids' "Greatest Hit (Money Mountain)" - a must-have
for any music fan. The ROIR cassette by Nico ("Do Or
Die something something") had a lot of performances
with the Blue Orchids backing her; you can hear Martin
Bramah's backing vocals on songs like "Femme Fatale."

They should have recorded in the studio, but heroin
and laziness prevented it, I suppose. Do a Nico +
discography search and you'll find plenty of at least
semi-legitimate releases.